Sunday, December 14, 2008

Robbing my sister.

My sister Jenn hit the nail on the head in her last blog entry...so I am borrowing her words.

"I just want to let everyone who still reads my blog know that I am actually admitting the true and undeniable: I SUCK AT BLOGGING. I am overwhelmed and let's face it, we're understaffed around here. The cook hasn't been showing up and when she does it's just chicken nuggets and mac & cheese. The maid has thrown in her dusting rag and it looks like she hasn't washed the windows for months! The nanny spends all her time driving kids around and is always one step behind the kids messes. The groundsman, landscaper and part-time janitor have colds - the miserable kind that makes you whine and beg for breakfast in bed and hack up some stuff. As you can see, I have lots to blog about but just not enough energy to blog it. I think the bottom line is that the people who are good at scrapbooking (i.e. my friend Amy - who is pretty much good at everything) are also good at blogging. So much for my hope that blogging would become my new scrapbook. No pressure." Jenn.

My groundsman, landscaper, and part-time janitor hasn't been sick, but has been working around the clock because Singapore and Australia seem to have different hours than we do! And they don't celebrate Thanksgiving...go figure!

Let's be honest though, I am super grateful that my husband has a job. I keep thinking about the state of our nation and can't help but hope that we are able to keep a job over the next few years. It also makes me super grateful that we have listened to our prophet's voice and lived within our means.

So there have been good times over the past month and a half; Thanksgiving with John and Susan, seeing Twilight finally, some totally awesome Christmas parties, two dates with John where he actually called for the babysitter one time, and a lot of Christmas shopping. This week we should wrap up the craziness with a dance recital, Christmas book readings, and a choir concert. If we're lucky we should have some pictures to go along with the good times. Until then, everyone hang in there!

10 comments:

Shelby Bingham said...

Val, your sister really said it well -- I still have yet to actually start a blog and have great intentions of doing so (but if I am having difficulty finding time to VT or even get a shower I may have to rethink my priorities.) :) I also am very grateful for the fact that my husband has a job in spite of a schedule that can be inconvenient sometimes. Keep up the postings when you can -- your faithful readers will continue to check in!

Ricki said...

Jenny is hilarious! I think we all feel that way right now!!! Life is moving way to fast and I am always behind! You need to send me your e-mail @ rickichambers@msn.com, so that I can add you to my blog. Hang in there, holiday's will soon be over and everything will kind of get back to normal-if there really is a normal!

madebymelynda said...

Val, your sister sounds awesome. It's nice to hear that not everyone has supremely perfect children, Perfect life, house, yard, perfect schedule.I gave up on that dream a long time ago.And will deal with shaddered snow flakes (someday) but until then we'll just laugh our way through the hallarity that enseues.

Amy Coons said...

That made me smile! I love what you do Val! See you soon! (When I think of being at Tiff's in one week, I then start thinking of all that is going to happen between now and then and it's insane!!!)

Julie Hunt said...

Too funny! (Yet oh so true!)

Alisha and Braeden said...

Hey! I was just wondering where you lived... We just moved to St. George and my mom said that you guys lived somewhere around here and I would love to see you if your not to far away! Let me know!

Jenn Daniels said...

Thanks for the shout out Val. Can't wait till Jan 1 when I can start all my New Years Resolutions. (If I have time to come up with some.) Muah!

Shalene said...

Amen Val!!!! Can't nod my head in agreement fast enough. Love to hear the tid-bit about you. I barely blog either, but it's good to catch a glimpse.
-Shalene

Kelly said...

Val! I have been thinking so much about you and would love to catch up! I called the cell number I have and it doesn't work. The number you left a while back (so they tell me) is erased. If you can email me your number I will call asap! Loved the blog! Love you!

Anonymous said...

hilarious! I might blog-lift it also!